[Lazarus] GTK2 EraseBackgound

JoshyFun joshyfun at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 16:35:27 CET 2010

Hello Lazarus-List,

Saturday, February 6, 2010, 9:17:01 AM, you wrote:

>> The "problem" with LCL is that it inherits a lot of
>> habits from Windows platforms
GG> This is something I have experienced as well, so am glad to see others
GG> are noticing the same thing. LCL is meant to be cross-platform, but
GG> very often things are implemented base on how Windows works. Sometimes
GG> that simply doesn't cut it for the other 5 widgetsets LCL also
GG> supports.

But that's how LCL is, we can not change it, or better we should not
change it.

GG> My other problem with LCL (and this is a BIG one), is that to
GG> implement anything new, you need to be well versed in ALL the
GG> widgetsets LCL supports. That is near impossible. With LCL you can't

Hmmm, no I think you must have a good know of the widgetset and a good
know of LCL and most of us fail in the last one, the know of the LCL.
That answers that different widgetsets raises events in different
order in example.

I never had serious problems using LCL for regular programs, only in
the same troubles as when using Delphi (different problems but with
similar roots).

--
Best regards,
 JoshyFun