[Lazarus] CreateRelativePath document error.

Juha Manninen juha.manninen at phnet.fi
Tue Feb 9 12:36:29 CET 2010

Hi!

> FPC RTL comes with ExtractRelativePath. I still use my own code because
> Delphi's didn't work properly either. It seems FPC's ExtractRelativePath
> is much shorter than mine. If someone can confirm it works well that
> would be great (no time now to test thoroughly).

ExtractRelativePath seems to work well, thanks.

Now, damn, it seems that FileUtil.CreateRelativePath works correctly, too.
I was testing it in Lazarus Converter code and it used a version in
lazarus/ide/ideprogs/ instead of FileUtil, even though FileUtil is higher in
"uses" list.
I think there is some redundant and useless code in Lazarus, but it is
understandable in such a big project.

So, these 2 work identically in my tests and you should be able to use them,
too:

    RelPath:=FileUtil.CreateRelativePath(PasFile, ABasePath);
    RelPath:=ExtractRelativePath(ABasePath, PasFile);

Regards,
Juha Manninen