[Lazarus] How resources are compiled

Marcelo B de Paula marcbp at terra.com.br
Sat Feb 13 17:25:22 CET 2010

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> I don't think so. You will probably have problems with Parent, Owner,
> message loop, resource management etc.
Can any of the lazarus devs shed some light here please? It would be
ideal to have the best of both worlds.
> I've been meaning to start work
> on LCL-fpGUI widgetset for Lazarus, but just don't seem to have the
> time. LCL-fpGUI is not a high priority for me at this stage.

Where is Graeme #99 when you need him? :)
> Felipe and others have reported how easy it will be to create a
> LCL-fpGUI widgetset - compared to the effort of other widgetsets like
> LCL-GTK2, LCL-Qt etc. Maybe somebody else can get the ball rolling and
> I'll chip in where I can, or help with the fpGUI side of things. I
> think something like LCL-fpGUI widgetset for Lazarus will be a
> valuable addition for both projects.

I do not have a lot of time on my hands, but can nevertheless help
provided I get a few tips (as in hints and not what waiters get).

What components does fpGUI boast until now?

You have done an excellent job with fpGUI. I hope it materializes
someday as a full LCL widgetset.