[Lazarus] debug windows layout

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 10:41:29 CET 2010

Mattias Gärtner wrote:

> Yes, that is the goal of DoDis Docking.
>
>> So what's your thoughts on this? Yes/No...  Good/Bad...
>
> Good, when done properly. Bad if implemented with fixed layout
> (without proper docking manager).

At the moment the only choice I know of is to use fixed layout because
docking doesn't exist in the IDE yet. One window with various TFrames
embedded in a PageControl. So I guess then the idea is bad for you and a
patch will not be accepted?

What is the progress on docking support inside the IDE? Sorry, I haven't
followed all message threads in the mailing list.

If docking support is not even near completion, I would still suggest the
tabbed window idea, until such time when the IDE has docking support. Then
we can simply move each TFrame back onto a separate dockable window.

BTW:
Will the IDE support docking in the centre of another window, creating Tabs
at runtime? Delphi 7 used to have that. You can doc certain windows on each
of the four sides, or in the centre. The latter created tabs at runtime.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/