[Lazarus] Custom panel-like TListBox list item

Charl van Jaarsveldt charlvj at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 02:38:36 CET 2010

I guess I can do that, but I really want the capabilities of a list - I am
representing a list of data after all. If I didn't want to be fancy I would
probably just use a grid to display the various bits of information of each
record I want to show. :-)

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 1:28 PM, Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
> wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 21:03:33 -0500
> Charl van Jaarsveldt <charlvj at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> > It's been a while, so forgive me if I am ignorant. :-)
> > I want to have a listbox where the items are not just plain lines of
> text,
> > but instead panels with two or three controls on. Is there something out
> > there that can do this? Do I have to create my own custom control, or can
> > somehow create a frame for the panel and draw the frame in the list. That
> > would be nice.
>
> Why not use a TPanel and put some panels with Align=alTop into
> it?
>
> Mattias
>
> --

"See first, think later, then test. But always see first. Otherwise you will
only see what you were expecting. Most scientists forget that." - Douglas
Adams