[Lazarus] Installing FPC on Ubuntu

Torsten Bonde Christiansen tc at epidata.dk
Fri Feb 26 08:16:16 CET 2010

Hi Steve.

I've found that the best way to install FPC using a single package for
Ubuntu is actually to download the .rpm version and corvert it using
"alien". The only thing you don't get using this method is the FPC
source code, but you can download that seperately from the .tar.gz file.

If you are not familiar with alien the commandline to convert from .rpm
to .deb file is:

sudo alien -c -v fpc-2.4.0-1.i386.rpm

-c) to convert any script that might be used.
-v) tell alien to be verbose about what it's doing (not actually needed
but nice to have).

I hope that helps.

Kind regards,
Torsten Bonde Christiansen.