[Lazarus] Delphi converter improvements

Juha Manninen juha.manninen at phnet.fi
Fri Feb 26 16:16:51 CET 2010

Hi,

>> For Lazarus / LCL code, "Windows" is now replaced with "LCLIntf", "LCLType"
>> and "LMessages".
>
> Why it is so? What if I want just to port to windows 64 and other
> platforms are not important? Maybe to have an option for this?

> And even if we need an LCL equivalents then we need to replace Messages
> unit with Messages, LMessages. Imo Windows and LMessages are not very
> related.

I have understood LCLIntf", "LCLType" and "LMessages" are compatibitily units
and most Delphi code compiles after adding them to uses section. Is it not so?

The converter UI could of course  have 3 choices for conversion target:

1. Lazarus/LCL
2. Lazarus/LCL for Windows only
3. Both Lazarus/LCL and Delphi

What do you think?

Personally I don't understand why someone would make a Windows-only program
using a multi-platform system like FPC / Lazarus.
...but that's just my thought...

Regards,
Juha