[Lazarus] segmentation fault

John vd Waeter john at jvdw.nl
Mon Jan 4 10:40:00 CET 2010

On Thursday 31 December 2009 05:55:18 Vincent Snijders wrote:
> SteveG schreef:
> > Evening All (from where I'm sitting anyway)
> >
> > Very simply, it uses wvdial to create the connection, and this works fine
> > from a cmd line (linux obviously) or from a small Laz/Fpc test program. I
> > can browse / email and my main program can access the internet
> > successfully.
> >
> > If I place the same code (as below) in my main program though, browser
> > and email still work, but the program containing this code can no longer
> > 'see' the connection.
> >
> > The problem appears to be related to my usage of TProcess ?
> >
> > begin
> >     AsyncProcess1.CommandLine := 'wvdial';
> >     AsyncProcess1.Execute;
> > end;
>
> Do you use TAsyncProcess in the command line application too? Or do you
> use TProcess in you GUI/LCL application too?

Sorry for late reply here as well Vincent -

I use the TAsyncProc in both applications (each is actually a full GUI app,
not cmd line). It would seem that any app I create that calls the wvdial
script using TAsync (or TProcess) can not 'see' the internet connection, but
all 'external' apps (browsers etc) including my own Laz apps can.

Thanks