[Lazarus] Groundwork for Undo in Form Designer

Juha Manninen juha.manninen at phnet.fi
Sat Jan 9 15:59:10 CET 2010

On lauantai, 9. tammikuuta 2010 06:38:01 dmitry boyarintsev wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 12:20 AM, Hans-Peter Diettrich
>
> <DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:
> > At least the error message could mention the actual number of entries, as
> > found in source code. This doesn't require any change to the language or
> > compiler, only an change to the error message generation.
>
> lol, something like this?! :) sorry, my vds is down can't publish the
> whole patch...

Wow, that would be surely better than the current message:
  ')' expected but ',' found   (or something).
It seems to be reasonably easy to implement.

But still it feels little half-baked. The real solution would be to change
language syntax. Do you have an idea how much work the compiler (parser and
such) would need to implement the proposed syntax?
I feel an itch already to study FPC's code to find out.

Juha Manninen