[Lazarus] Groundwork for Undo in Form Designer

Juha Manninen juha.manninen at phnet.fi
Sat Jan 16 16:52:16 CET 2010

> If you have, say, 10 patches and each requires a week to get approved
> and committed, then you will spend 70 days on the whole feature.
> Instead, you can create a patch series in maybe a week or two, and then
> it may require a couple of weeks for review as a whole.
> Thus, total development time may be cut in half or more.

Sorry, I still don't get your idea.

The benefit of many intermediate commits is to allow other developers to test
my changes and give feedback, and also to prevent changes from deviating too
much from the main code-base thus making merging harder later.
I thought it is a central idea of such community driven projects.

I don't see any benefit of creating 10 intermediate patches for some mirror
server if nobody tests them.
If the results are finally reviewed as a whole, then I could as well make one
big patch in the end. I don't want to do that.

I believe Git has good tools for branches but it doesn't help if nobody
"pulls" from my Git branch.

Juha Manninen