[Lazarus] Groundwork for Undo in Form Designer

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 11:25:32 CET 2010

2010/1/17 Vincent Snijders <vsnijders at vodafonevast.nl>:

> I understand, but that it is nonsense to recommand git based on reports,
> reviews on using a native git reporitory to people who want to contribute to
> Lazarus, because then they have to comminucate to a SVN server somehow. So I
> admit: "Git is wonderful, as long as you don't want to use it with Lazarus
> SVN on windows".

Not necessarily true. My Lazarus contributions over the last year were
all patches generated from my local Git repository wrapping the
Lazarus SVN repository. Even though that is not the best use case for
Git, it is still much better (for me personally) that using vanilla
SVN repositories. Also, I'm a core developer of tiOPF and again, there
all my development work is from Git (wrapping the tiOPF SVN
repository), and in this case I have commit access to SVN too ('git
svn dcommit' command).

As for Git on Windows vs Linux usage. I see no difference between the
two and I use Git on both platforms. For Git on Windows, I use the
Windows native Git implementation (msysGit), not the Cygwin based one.
I know the latter was not very good or popular with Windows users.

  - Graeme -