[Lazarus] [OT] SubVersion, DSCM, Workflow etc.

Florian Klaempfl florian at freepascal.org
Mon Jan 18 15:27:38 CET 2010

Graeme Geldenhuys schrieb:
> Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
>> For documentation on how the git.git project workflow works and what the
>> various "official" branches mean, see the following URL.
>>
>>   http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/gitworkflows.html
>
> Here is another description of the usage of git.git project branches and
> how and when releases and maintenance releases are managed and cut.
>
>   http://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/git/2008/4/21/1526184

So much bureaucracy for such a small project, could have been invented
by a german governmental office :) But it describes basically the same
as fpc does with svn and I don't see how it solves the merge block
tracking (besides the fact that it containes much less changesets than
fpc leaving all this merge branch noise away from the log).