[Lazarus] cross-distro (and OS) app installation - what would you like?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 22:54:32 CET 2010

On 20/01/2010, Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:

> There seems to be a misunderstanding.
>  Both deb and rpm have package dependency resolution, but neither
>  downloads them automatically.
>  You must use tools like apt-get for debs and yum for rpms or even

Ah, so the RPM guys were simply slow on the update of automatic
download tools. I heard about yum, but thought it was some new
"exotic" package management system. As for apt-get, I thought that was
part of deb support. Either way, now I understand apt-get and yum
better - or rather how they fit into the whole structure. Thanks.

  - Graeme -