[Lazarus] Error: illegal qualifier [ found

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Thu Jan 21 09:38:28 CET 2010

Kjow schrieb:
> 2010/1/20 Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de>:
>> Can you give a more complete example?
>>
>> Mattias
>
> e.g. If I add to a form a listview or a memo or a combobox and in the
> source code I put this:
>
> ListBox1.items[0].
> or
> Memo1.Lines[0].
> or
> combobox1.items[0].
>
> If I press CRTL+Space I got this error:
>
> \lcl\stdctrls.pp(909,19) Error: identifier expected, but  found

IMO code completion should be better in ignoring whitespace. I had
similar problems already, where a space out of thin air (source
formatter?) prevented usable typeahead completion. The concrete error
may depend on IDE options, in detail formatting options.

With source formatting it would be nice to have:
1) disable any formating, using a single checkbox (in the menu?)
2) provide kind of settings information dump, for attachment to bug reports.

[1] would allow to determine whether formatting is involved at all.
Since I don't like auto-formatting, I'd use that checkbox to disable
automatic formatting most of the time.

[2] should allow to mimic the IDE settings, which may be required to
reproduce the error. It should be easy to restore the original state of
the IDE settings, or to switch between both settings (hers/mine).

DoDi