[Lazarus] Application.QueueAsyncCall()

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Fri Jan 22 05:39:22 CET 2010

Brad Campbell wrote:
> Is QueueAsyncCall() threadsafe?
>
> Let's say I have a communications child thread and I want to trigger a
> call back in the main GUI thread. Traditionally I'd do something ugly
> like have a timer polling a variable used as a flag, or polling a
> RtlEvent on a short timeout, but this seems like a much nicer solution.

After reading the source for TThread.Synchronize() I see it already implements the round thing with
spokes and a hub that I've been so busily trying to re-implement. A total lack of understanding on
my part. Thanks for everyones help.

Regards,
Brad
--
Dolphins are so intelligent that within a few weeks they can
train Americans to stand at the edge of the pool and throw them