[Lazarus] FCL-Web and new WebDesign packages

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Tue Jan 26 09:51:53 CET 2010

On Tue, 26 Jan 2010, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> Joost van der Sluis wrote:
>>
>> That has nothing to do with it. (With Git you would also have to use a
>> local command to use this branch/part)

[cut]

> Joost, I did not mean to offend you or your work in any way, I'm simply
> wanted to point out what a more modern SCM tool can do, and with the hope
> that "maybe" (a big maybe I know) one day you guys will see the light -
> just like you did before when you guys moved from CVS to SubVersion. Times
> change, and so does software. What was the best tool for the job 7 years
> ago, is probably not the best tool today.

This may all be true (or not true, I leave that subject to discussion),
but after some time, this blatant advocacy gets incredibly irritating.

If the FPC team decides to change the versioning system, they will
do so, based on the needs of the team and after considering the
available alternatives. Till then, any advocacy is just annoying
and largely irrelevant.

We got the message meanwhile: we're blessed with some intelligence, I hope...

Michael.