[Lazarus] Lazarus is invisible?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 15:14:54 CET 2010

JoshyFun wrote:

> Hmmmm... It would be great if I can put an eye over the code as I need
> a 100% freepascal/lazarus solution to index/search a "great" amount of

The code is available in fpGUI's repository on SourceForge, inside the
'docview' directory. See my signature for details on how to get the code.

Make no mistake, the docview code will not be a simple copy and paste and
reuse in something like fpdoc. Some work will be required, because the
search scoring system is specific built for INF files which already have
pre-built dictionaries of all text found in INF files.

An alternative FTS and Indexing system implemented in Object Pascal is the
IODA project [http://ioda.sourceforge.net/]. Maybe something useful can
come from looking at that code as well.

I asked about a general (easy) implementation of FTS and Indexing back in
Jan 2009 in the fpc-users mailing list. I still think a all-purpose FTS
implementation in Object Pascal could be handy for many projects.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/