[Lazarus] [Fwd: Re: Is Lazarus a Delphi plagiat?]

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sun Jan 31 00:00:15 CET 2010

Marco van de Voort schrieb:

>> I also had a hard time starting with Lazarus/Free Pascal and
>> it's still not easy to find information.
>
> Do realize though that it is the constant change in the project that causes
> this mostly. You'd need to revise the whole detailed website and all docs
> every 3 months - half year that way. (since either a FPC or Lazarus release
> would change that)

Sorry, using the IDE does not change really frequently, in a way that
deserves very different documentation.

> For that we would need a _lot_ of volunteers.

Not more than for fixing the flaws and problems, encountered by the
users. According to my experience it's easier to fix such items, instead
of writing according release notes.

>> That feeling may also be due to the fact that Turbo Pascal, Virtual Pascal
>> and Delphi (where most Lazarus interested come from) had much better
>> structured documentation.

We could add a link to the German Lazarus book, BTW.

DoDi