[Lazarus] Reconstructing Lazarus Website 4: the dev tool

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Sun Jan 31 02:04:48 CET 2010

On 1/30/2010 18:51, Marc Weustink wrote:
> Paul Ishenin wrote:
>> 30.01.2010 21:34, Bee Jay wrote:
>>> One more thing, but this is optional, we should give the decision to
>>> the one who are gonna do the real work: what tool are we going to use
>>> to serve the backend? PHP? Wordpress? Joomla? fpWeb?
>>>
>>> Honestly, I expect it would be build using fpWeb. Because we could
>>> prove by itself that FPC/Lazarus is able provide all-in-one cross
>>> platform development tool, including web development. What do you think?
>>
>> I think that we should not reinvent the wheel again and use already
>> existing tools. Before we thought about the portal and choosed drupal
>> as a possible cms for it. Although Joomla is a good candidate too.
>
> I vote against any yet another complex to be hacked php site.

especially since Joomla is listed in the @RISK and BUGTRAQ lists an awful lot...
drupal is there as well but not as high in the count... heck, e107 also got a
hit the other day but it was fixed very quickly... i don't quite understand CMS
systems but there they are...

> So if we do something then I either prefer to something fpweb or keep
> the current engine. (and I'm serious about that)

i'd like to see it done with fpWeb, as well... especially as a learning tool ;)