[Lazarus] Reconstructing Lazarus Website 4: the dev tool

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sun Jan 31 12:45:44 CET 2010

On Sun, 31 Jan 2010, Marc Weustink wrote:

> Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

>>> As I remember some cms supports FireBird too.
>>
>> If it is to be for the FPC website too, then Firebird is a must.
>
> When talking databeses, I'd prefer Postgresql.

Each has his preferences, I won't try to convince anyone otherwise.

But on idefix - or www.freepascal.org, which is located at my work place -
the matter is not subject to debate. It's firebird or nothing.

Note that the lazarus website is not on Idefix, and that this condition
is only relevant if the FPC website is overhauled using the same tool -
a matter which still is subject to debate :-)

Michael.