[Lazarus] Some information please

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 4 13:57:34 CEST 2010

Hi!

On 04.07.2010 09:26, Juha Manninen wrote:
>> For an example of a game written with FPC look here:
>> http://www.hedgewars.org/
>
> I didn't know that one.
> I found the latest version on Suse servers, installed it and tried.
> First it killed the KDE's task panel (which KDE restarted automatically).
> The game itself didn't work. Its window size was apparently many times the
> screen size. It was drawing some garbage images. It ate all keys and mouse
> commands. ... Finally I was able to kill it.
>
> It didn't give a good impression of FPC programs. However, there is no
> technical reason for it, with more effort it could be as good as the competing
> Wormux.
>
> It was a good test for KDE. It recovered fully. :-)
>
> Juha
>
> --

I just played a "destroy everything on plane sight"-round just to test
whether the game is working or not. The game is working as expected (and
I personally think it's the best Worms clone out there - I played Wormux
once, but it didn't really catch me...).

I'm running Hedgewars 0.9.13 on a current ArchLinux system with wmii as
window manager and no desktop environment. So there might be some
problems with the libraries on your system or you might be running an
older version. I'll list the versions of the libraries that are
registered in the hedgewars package as dependencies, so you can compare
them with yours:

Qt: 4.6.3
SDL: 1.2.14
SDL_mixer: 1.2.11