[Lazarus] GPS Navigation Software develpment

Horacio Jamilis hjamilis at pymesoft.com.ar
Mon Jul 5 18:45:59 CEST 2010

Hi, I am new to Lazarus/FPC and I got a first problem with using LazIntfImage under OSX:

My small program reads out ExifData and small Thumbnail-Pictures out the files from different DigitalCameras. The thumbnails usually are quite small (between 320*200 and 570*375 px)
I keep this pictures within a TImage Object for later use. Since I want to analayse the distribution of the RGB-Values, I read them out with ...pixels(x,y) function. Anything works fine here, anything correct in Windows and OSX.
But this function is very, very slow. Even on OSX. So I tried to use TLazIntfImage.

TLazIntfImage's access is fast, but now there is a problem: The values for RGB under OSX are not correct anymore.
I know that I get a 16bit Value here, so I have to use something  like FPColor.red div 256.
The results are correct in Windows, but not in OSX. I already tried to SwapEndian just anything I got,-  no way.

I cant see any rule in results like this here:
Pixel (0,215): 65,43,20 (Mac), 88,57,21 (Windows)
Pixel (1,215): 53,38,26 (Mac), 73,50,31 (Windows)
Pixel (2,215): 50,38,21 (Mac), 69,50,21 (Windows)
and so on.

Maybe someone can give me a hint?
Wolfram