[Lazarus] Lazarus settings on WinXP

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Mon Jul 12 22:19:34 CEST 2010

On 12/07/2010 13:59, Bernd wrote:
> I am occasionally using Lazarus on my Linux box with KDE running on it
> and normally I have set the windowmanager to change focus when I only
> move the mouse without needing to click.
>
> When I edit code in Lazarus and the autocomplete list pops up and the
> mouse cursor is not by chance exactly at the place where the list pops
> up it will immediately lose focus and I cannot scroll in the list
> anymore. I also cannot type anymore until I move my mouse over the
> list to give it the focus again.
>
> I there any window style that can be given to this list or any other
> simple fix that will prevent this behavior? (I have not checked the
> latest snapshots for some weeks now, so maybe it might already be
> fixed)

I don't think there is a simple fix for it. Actually in the latest
revision it the auto complete will probably even close itself in this case.
It behaves like a menu would do => loose focus => close

How does any other window work for you, if the window manager keeps
steeling the focus?

Let's say you open the option dialog, from the menu => then the mouse is
where the menu was => so it is not over the just opened option dialog.
Do you need to move the mouse over the option dialog, so you can use the
option dialog?

what about: find, replace, goto-line dialogs? They all can be opened via
keyboard, and they all want to be focused onced opened. (even if they
are not under the mouse).

Martin