[Lazarus] File functions in codetools FileProcs

Juha Manninen juha.manninen at phnet.fi
Tue Jul 13 16:20:12 CEST 2010

Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> Uses section?
> Maybe you mean required package?

Maybe. I have lazarus.lpi open and my mind is mixed up.

> BTW, unit FileUtil is one of the base units of the LCL, without
> widgetset dependencies. Using it in console applications is safe.

Yes, after adding LCL dependency and NoGUI widgetset. Currently the converter
does not add LCL dependency for console apps. I will make it optional later.
Some developers considered NoGUI widgetset as a bad idea, as you remember.

> But when converting a console application it is not clear if
> UTF8 filenames is a good choice (IMO).

Can you please explain. I don't know the details here. I thought file name
conversion is an OS related issue, not GUI related.

Juha