[Lazarus] Tutorial Compiling/installing FPC and Lazarus from Sources of SVN

shoKwave shokwave at gmx.net
Thu Jul 22 17:37:12 CEST 2010

  On 22.07.2010 16:01, Marcos Douglas wrote:
> I added a tuturial to compile and install FPC/Lazarus, from sources of
> SVN, on Windows.
> Link: http://wiki.freepascal.org/Installing_Lazarus#Compiling.2Finstalling_FPC_and_Lazarus_from_Sources_of_SVN

Hi,

this is a good thing but I think it won't work as described for 2 reasons.

1st: ppc386.exe isn't part of binutils and you don't describe how to get
it but need it.(I don't know an easy way too - except installing fpc by
installer)
2nd: IIRC it isn't possible to install fpc in the same directory as the
source. (I always create a subdirectory called "src" or "source")

The rest seem to be ok. Good work!

regards,
Ingo