[Lazarus] Tutorial Compiling/installing FPC and Lazarus from Sources of SVN

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Fri Jul 23 00:14:36 CEST 2010

On 7/22/2010 14:55, Marcos Douglas wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 3:42 PM, Reimar Grabowski<reimgrab at web.de>  wrote:
>> On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 15:27:14 -0300
>> Marcos Douglas<md at delfire.net>  wrote:
>>
>>> Not so fast... here there are some binaries:
>>> http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpcbuild/branches/fixes_2_4/install/binw32/
>> I really hope you know the difference between those binaries and ppc386.exe.
>>
>>> So, is it mandatory to install one version of FPC (to get ppc386.exe)
>>> BEFORE get sources from SVN?!
>> It's quite hard to compile pascal code without a pascal compiler.
>
> Would be easy if we could download a ppc386 in some place...

and the others, too... i think that that's the real key to being able to set up
a cross compiling environment... not just having those sources but also those
necessary other platform compilers and they must be compiled in the manner
necessary for the chosen build platform... in other words, they may not be
called ppcwhatever.exe for the *nix platform... if they are, one must be very
careful to grab the proper ones...