[Lazarus] Build Number

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 23 11:30:07 CEST 2010

Hi!

Am 23.07.2010 10:59, schrieb waldo kitty:
> whoa! wow!! how about that! i'd have never thought to even try something
> like that... it looks the same as including environment variables in
> 4DOS/4OS2/4NT with the percents on both sides like that :) :) :)

It does not only look like such environment variables, you can also use
them environment variables there :) (see the example at the bottom of
the documentation link I sent you).

> i guess i'm going to have to figure out how to separate FPC from Lazarus
> so as to get a better base of FPC's offerings before attempting to dance
> the GUI dance... getting them in one package is nice except that one can
> get confused about what it available in Lazarus vs what is available in
> FPC...

I don't believe that anyone knows everything the compiler can do (maybe
Florian is the only exception). Even Jonas didn't know about the
"cppclass" before he started to work on "objcclass".

> i really do wish that the help files would come preinstalled in the
> available installation packages... installing on win and *nix leaves a
> lot to be desired as far as the built in F1 help stuff goes...
> especially when one has to go in and fill in the blanks with some
> unknown directory value(s) that are not readily apparent :? i won't even
> mention having a PDF of the documentation as i know that there's still
> work going on for the german language book that i hope will be released
> in english before too long...

But you won't find information like that about "{$I %XXX%}" by pressing
F1 on an identifier. You need to read the documentation yourself or
stumple upon a mailing list entry where this feature is mentioned (like
what happened with me and the already mentioned "cppclass").

> thanks for sharing that :) if it were only that easy to grab other
> values like the compilation version number originally spoken of in this
> thread ;)

You're welcome.
As Paul showed grabbing those version numbers is already rather easy now
that FPC supports Windows-like resources on most targets.

Regards,
Sven