[Lazarus] Tutorial Compiling/installing FPC and Lazarus from Sources of SVN

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 00:48:57 CEST 2010

Marcos Douglas kirjoitti lauantai, 24. heinäkuuta 2010 22:40:06:
> > http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Getting_Lazarus#Build_and_install_wit
> > h_make
>
> When I joined the community of FPC, I tried to compile the FPC / Laz
> on my PC, but could not. After receiving some tips in mailing-list, I
> joined them and put all in this tutorial.
> Now, this is not so difficult for me, but in the beginning was,
> because of the details. What is ppc386, PPC_CONFIG_PATH variable, etc.
> I only learned about it on the mailing-list.

Those must be more like advanced features. At least I have never set
PPC_CONFIG_PATH variable and I have a working FPC 2.5.1 trunk version here.
I recently even tested my own instructions on a mini-laptop with Linux and
they seem to work well.

The pages should have the shortest possible way to make it work first and then
an advanced section in the end if needed.

> I agree. So, let's go improve it?

I can make and check the Linux instructions if you get a new structure for the
pages.

Juha