[Lazarus] "show declaration hints" has more power in it than is really used

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Sun Jul 25 09:31:13 CEST 2010

Doug Chamberlin wrote:

> I'm in the same boat (35+ years). Comments are always immediately after
> instead of before. Among other things this helps ensure the comment is
> not lost when the code is moved since it is located *within* the
> unit/procedure/function. I sure hope any further automated support will
> be able to handle this style.

I note discussion elsewhere in the thread about using fpdoc in
preference to embedded comments. I think it's worth noting that at some
point in the future code might be read by somebody who only has the
source and doesn't have the Lazarus IDE etc., in much the same way that
Lazarus/FPC developers have to refer to kernel and library header files
written for C/C++.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk