[Lazarus] "show declaration hints" has more power in it than is really used

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Mon Jul 26 10:20:06 CEST 2010

Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> Mark Morgan Lloyd schrieb:
>
>> Actually I meant
>>
>> a=1;
>> (*< First line of a long block           *)
>> (*  of comments arranged "Sloane-style". *)
>
> How would you then separate comments pertaining to the following item?

By the fact that there's a declaration between them. Anybody who isn't
consistent in his commenting or coding style deserves all the trouble he
gets, and in general anybody maintaining a unit should try to conform to
the originator's style.

Having said that I stress that I'm not holding up my own style as a
paragon of excellence, and I haven't a clue how many other people use
something similar. Which I why I wrote

 >> Is there a Lazarus Style Guide somewhere, that deals with how best to
 >> format code so that the IDE can exploit it, that deals with using
 >> fpdoc or something similar for ones own projects, and that possibly
 >> even deals with writing help files (of some suitable format)?

and have never dreamed of saying that the Lazarus developers should
cater to my quirks and eccentricities.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk