[Lazarus] oldest supported version of FPC by Lazarus

Bernd Kreuss prof7bit at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 26 14:31:17 CEST 2010

From: Josh Lee [mailto:frozen-dragon96 at hotmail.com]
Sent: 25 July 2010 12:11

>> You can add files as User-Defined resource types, or use RCDATA for
raw
>> (binary) data. See MSDN "Resource Definition Statements",
"User-Defined
>> Resources
>Thank you, I read up on them.
>Do you know where I can find a step by step tutorial on how to create a
stand alone program >
>that installs something on the hard disk?
>Or sample code I can build up on?
>Thanks.
>> Please quote only the relevant parts of the original message.
>Sorry.
>- Josh

InnoSetup is a fabulous installer for windows, and worth a look:
http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php You can get the latest source via
CVS. It'll be complicated to look through, but I'm sure you'll find some
of what you're looking for. Last time I looked through the source for it
was about 8 years ago, so it will have grown a bit since then... NB it's
Delphi code, with some hacks that might not be fully compatible with
FPC, but you should be OK reading it.

Once you get the hang of them, resources are pretty easy - I'm sure
you'll be fine :-)

HTH
DSP