[Lazarus] Android NDK

Reimar Grabowski reimgrab at web.de
Mon Jul 26 17:10:28 CEST 2010

On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 15:20:57 +0200
Sven Barth <pascaldragon at googlemail.com> wrote:

> If I understand this NDK thing right, you can build native libraries
> that are loaded by your Java application to do some performance critical
> stuff.
You absolutely do understand this right.

> You can't access Android's GUI library without going somehow through the
> Darvik VM (the JVM of Android) though.
The VM is called Dalvik, but you are right that the GUI can only be accessed via Java. And you cannot start non-Java programs on unrooted devices (it's no good idea to tell your customer to hack his/her phone).

> so it might be possible with FPC as
> well, but we'll need to use Java Native Interface for that.
Has been done, is possible, but of course no GUI stuff.
But OpenGL works.

R.
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.