[Lazarus] TListView column size

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 20:23:12 CEST 2010

On 26.07.2010 18:13, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> I was being asked about this the other day, the boss is thinking about
> PDAs. Can anybody summarise where Lazarus is at, for both Native and
> cross-development?

With Free Pascal itself you can compile for Windows CE i386 (not tested
that much) and ARM, iPhone and iPad (both ARM) as well as Linux on ARM.

With Lazarus you can build GUI applications for Windows CE i386 (also
not really tested) and ARM as well as Linux on ARM. iPhone and iPad
might work some day once a Cocoa widgetset is implemented.

> I notice a thread from earlier that the Android can only run Java apps,
> and I presume that the iPhone and iPad are completely out.

No, they aren't. In fact (as far as I oversee it) it's easier to achieve
then Android, because it's all still native code.

> As I understand it CE (x86 and ARM) should be OK- can Lazarus itself run
> on this?

I believe that it was never tested whether it even compiles for that
target. Also CE on ARM tends to have much less RAM so that it's even a
problem to get FPC itself running on them.

> Apart from that Netbooks etc. running standard Linux should be OK,
> presumably that covers the current generation of Palm.

On Linux you need to have enough RAM (mostly for FPC), a X window system
and either GTK(+) or QT to run Lazarus.

Regards,
Sven