[Lazarus] Some syntax changes

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sat Jul 31 01:29:55 CEST 2010

On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 20:24:15 +0200
Hans-Peter Diettrich <DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:

> Perhaps nobody noticed that in the past days the Pascal syntax has
> changed a bit. This leads to wrong behaviour of the code tools :-(
>
> Now unit properties can follow an "var" block, while this was flagged
> with an error: expected ":" after "property".

Can you give an example or better: the definition?

> The usage of an function name instead of the Result variable has been
> restricted. For some reason Lazarus now rejects "Result" in code
> completion, even if it is accepted by the compiler.

Can you give an example or better: the definition?

> It also seems that Lazarus has problems with $IF, even simple
> expressions are not evaluated properly, so that the wrong branch is
> handled as enabled/disabled.

Can you give an example?

> I had no look at the concrete changes, but if somebody needs assistance
> in updating the tools, I'm willing to figure out what should be updated.
>

> BTW, what about a compiler package, installable into the IDE? I'm just
> redesigning the compiler (OO_rewrite branch), but the future of this
> branch is yet unknown.

Remarks:
-You don't need the OO rewrite for this. But the OO rewrite could help
to install cross compilers for other processors and to allow to reset
the compiler.
-it requires changes to the options, the gui, the cache.
-I plan to rewrite the part that executes external tools after the
next release. Registering another compiler is planned.
Conclusion: let's wait with this after the oo rewrite.

Mattias