[Lazarus] Suggestion again: remove GTK1 from IDE and LCL

Paul Ishenin webpirat at mail.ru
Wed Jun 2 16:04:16 CEST 2010

02.06.2010 21:51, Vincent Snijders wrote:
..
> We try to fix compilation bugs as soon as possible.
>
> It has been suspended, meaning patches are welcome, but the current
> Lazarus developers won't spend time on fixing gtk1 bugs.
>
> Some people still want to use it and we accept patches for it.
> Why deprive those people of using 0.9.29? We don't break it
> intentionally, like we don't break win98 support intentionally.

Ok. There is a small reason to support that gtk1. The lets do the
following things:
1. split gtk1 and gtk2 code so any change in gtk1 code can make no harm
to gtk2 interface
2. give commit rights to those ppl who want the gtk1 interface support.
so other developers should now warry about the problems it has.

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin.