[Lazarus] DTM Island Maker test program working fine... problems were with saving the form with a different name

Peter E Williams foss.game.pascal.developer at iinet.net.au
Thu Jun 3 01:39:09 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 5:23 PM, Michael Schnell <mschnell at lumino.de> wrote:
> There seems to be a lot of code used/usable by both interfaces.
> Maintenance should be a lot easier if the common stuff is not
> duplicated,

This idea was proven wrong in the history of LCL-Gtk2. And not just
wrong, it has costed us hundreds of hours of development.

Because of that we don't have common code between LCL-Win32 and
LCL-WinCE and it was a great idea. I am pretty sure that huges amounts
of LCL-Win32 changes would break LCL-WinCE and just fill my bug
tracker with regressions. While if people want fixes from Win32 I can
just copy them and test.
--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho