[Lazarus] Installing FPC/Lazarus on Windows using SVN, no binaries

Marc Weustink marc.weustink at cuperus.nl
Thu Jun 3 11:25:20 CEST 2010

Juha Manninen wrote:
>> 5.1 Copy all binaries which do not allready exist from old
>> ..\fpc\bin\i386-win32\ to the new one
>
> On Linux I did basically the same thing except for this 5.1.
> What binaries?
>
>> 5.2 Edit fpc.cfg in the new bin and modify the paths
>
> This could be documented with more details and placed to wiki for example.
> There were only 6 lines I had to change but it is not obvious when opening the
> file for the first time.

:) this is how my ~/.fpc.cfg looks like

#include /etc/fpc.cfg
-Fu/home/marc/lib/fpc/$fpcversion/units/$fpctarget
-Fu/home/marc/lib/fpc/$fpcversion/units/$fpctarget/*
-Fu/home/marc/lib/fpc/$fpcversion/units/$fpctarget/rtl

This way I can locally install any fpcversion into PREFIX=~

No need to edit

Marc