[Lazarus] Alternative widget sets

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 14:22:47 CEST 2010

On 3 June 2010 13:23, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

> If I try to build for Qt I always end up with messages about a missing
> qt4pas library: what is this and where am I supposed to get it?

I also always seem to struggle building LCL-Qt and then have to end up
downloading 100+ MB of packages to get it to work - something I hate
doing after a nice clean Ubuntu install.

> If I look at the fpgui state on http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Roadmap

I think that page might be outdated at the moment. Recently there was
work done on LCL-fpGUI and was told most components can now be placed
on forms and compile/run. But that obviously doesn't mean it's ready
for run your programs with.

So if you don't want to move to LCL-GTK2, then your only other option
under Linux is to use LCL-Qt at this moment in time. Or use fpGUI
directly and not via LCL - but I know this will mean lots of work to
most developers here, so not really an option.

  - Graeme -