[Lazarus] Decoding USB sniff data

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Fri Jun 4 01:11:37 CEST 2010

Henry Vermaak wrote:

> You can use some kind of usb snooping software to reverse engineer all
> the transfers.  I've used this approach with success.  It's important
> for you to familiarise yourself with the usb protocol, though.

The thing one has to be careful of here is when the same pid:vid can
refer to several different implementations. The Windows software knows
how to pick up a private submodel number, somebody reverse-engineering
the transfer doesn't.

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Hardware_Access#libusb

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd