[Lazarus] Suggestion again: remove GTK1 from IDE and LCL

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Fri Jun 4 03:48:54 CEST 2010

On 04/06/2010 02:21, Gustavo Enrique Jimenez wrote:
> 2010/6/3 Graeme Geldenhuys<graemeg.lists at gmail.com>:
>
>> On 3 June 2010 20:39, Marc Santhoff wrote:
>>
>>> No it isn't pointless. You forget about embedded computers, they are not
>>> growing over time and are running on small amounts of resources, e.g. a
>>> 233 MHz Geode CPU having 64 MB of RAM. I wouldn't even dare to try GTK2
>>> on that little things.
>>>
>> Then switch to fpGUI for embedded systems. It works perfectly and is
>> low on resources and small size executables. Plus fpGUI is a lot more
>> modern in looks than GTK1 - and fpGUI is still actively being
>> developed.  :)
>>

> But I don't like the fpGUI's developer. he is very rude, and has a
> strange behavior: he always says, in the Lazarus mailing list, how
> wonderfull is his tool and how buggy is Lazarus. I don't understand
> that.

Speaking about rude: If you reply to a person saying something about the
person you are replying to, you should usually address that person as
"you".
Replying to a person, referring to the person you are replying to, in
third person ("the fpGUI's developer") could very easily be considered
as very rude too.

"Graeme Geldenhuys" to whom you replied is that "fpGUI's developer"

Regards
Martin