[Lazarus] Lazarus + FreeBSD

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at web.de
Sat Jun 5 01:36:09 CEST 2010

Am Freitag, den 04.06.2010, 12:18 +0200 schrieb Graeme Geldenhuys:

> As a side note:
> On my own *nix systems I always create a 'developer' user group and
> then give that group read/write access to /opt. So in a way it's
> similar to installing to $HOME. I hardly ever install custom software
> to /usr/ or /usr/local/.  /home and /opt are also in separate
> partitions so after re-installing (I hate OS upgrades) a new version
> of the OS, all my programs and files are still available (and
> untouched).

Talking about FreeBSD it should be mentioned that /usr/local is similar
to /opt on lunix systems. Nothing else but third party software, mostly
ports, get installed there and many people do use at least a seperate
partition (FreeBSD terms) or slice (partition in DOS speak) or another
hardrive to store it.

--
Marc Santhoff <M.Santhoff at web.de>