[Lazarus] logic bug in many (or most) TSynEdit

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 13:07:50 CEST 2010

On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 12:53 PM, Martin <lazarus at mfriebe.de> wrote:
> I know
>  var über: Integer
> does not work, but it does not compile either (last time I checked)

I know it doesn't work, I was just saying that you don't need to
change a lot of code to fix it. The problem isn't in the logic, it's
just a implementation problem. The original mail was claiming it was a
big logic error.

I would guess that to build the identifiers he uses a table to check
if the byte is a valid char for identifier, this table should also
include extended ASCII chars and then this would work in Lazarus.

For FPC no idea how to fix, but probably in a similar way.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho