[Lazarus] easy cross-platform compiling??

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Sun Jun 6 23:21:05 CEST 2010

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> There is something called FatELF executables (Google it for more
> information). But this allows you to inject various platforms
> executable into one "fat" executable. Similar type of thing as the
> Universal Binary idea from Apple.

I was thinking of that one as soon as I saw the original question.
Trouble is it needs a kernel patch for unix, and I don't see much chance
of it working with MS OSes. Simplistically, you could probably do the
same with a shell archive.

Another thing that might be relevant is the Crosstool scripts for GCC,
you tell them what host and target you want and (eventually) get a
tailored compiler.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk