[Lazarus] Multiple LCL instances

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Jun 11 10:23:36 CEST 2010

subject: Should I Convert TStringAlignGrid 2.1 or use TStringGrid ???
http://www.hoerstemeier.com/ (based on Delphi 6)

Hi All,

Should I convert the .pas and .dfm files into lazarus .pas and .lfm
files ??? Or should I use the standard lazarus TStringGrid component ???

I used Andy's TStringAlignGrid components for my Delphi 5 Enterprise
games (freeware open source)... In particular I loved the TAlgrid. These
days I use Linux Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and Lazarus for cross platform open
source game development.

I need to port some delphi code to lazarus... which turns out to be very
easy once I have lazarus installed. I simply use the Tools / Convert DFM
to LFM ... menu option.

I use Andy's TStringAlignGrid v2.1 (TAlgrid) in about 4-5 of my games
instead of the standard TStringGrid. ( I have a link to Andy's component
on my website's Delphi Source Code page ... have done for 11 years or
more!!! ) http://www.hoerstemeier.com/

The features I use are:

* changing cell fonts and by grid and by row and column
* changing cell and grid cell colours individually and by row and
column.
* cell, column & row alignment
* probably some other stuff which does not come to mind.

Andy's units are too complicated for my needs but I remember them as
being very powerful and excellently written :-))) I have not looked at
you code in years.

Thank you for reading this... and I look forward to hearing from you.

Peter

--
Proudly developing Quality Cross Platform Open Source Games
Since 1970 with a Commodore PET 4016 with 16 KRAM