[Lazarus] Multiple editor windows bug

Torsten Bonde Christiansen tc at epidata.dk
Tue Jun 15 11:32:47 CEST 2010

Hi!
I want to compile on Linux an SDL demo for arm by command line.

No problem for Windows and Linux targets, it compiles and the build
runs well. But when I try to cross-compile for arm I can't find the
right option to tell to fpc where are the target libs.

On Lazarus I use "Project/Compiler Options/Linking/Options (-k):
-L/home/user/lazarus/fpc/libcross" and it is ok. But on terminal -L
option won't work:

Error: Illegal parameter: -L/home/user/lazarus/fpc/libcross/

e.g.:

$ fpc -Tlinux -Parm SDLDemo.pas

Free Pascal Compiler version 2.4.0 [2010/06/12] for arm
Copyright (c) 1993-2009 by Florian Klaempfl
Target OS: Linux for ARMEL
Compiling SDLDemo.pas
SDLDemo.pas(31,3) Note: APPTYPE is not supported by the target OS
Assembling sdlnewtonbasicdemo
Linking SDLDemo
/home/kjow/lazarus/fpc/binutils/ld: skipping incompatible
/usr/lib/libSDL.so when searching for -lSDL
/home/kjow/lazarus/fpc/binutils/ld: skipping incompatible
/usr/lib/libSDL.a when searching for -lSDL
/home/kjow/lazarus/fpc/binutils/ld: cannot find -lSDL
SDLDemo.pas(387) Error: Error while linking
SDLDemo.pas(387) Fatal: There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping
Fatal: Compilation aborted
Error: /usr/local/bin/ppcarm returned an error exitcode (normal if you
did not specify a source file to be compiled)

$ fpc -Tlinux -Parm -L/home/user/lazarus/fpc/libcross/ SDLDemo.pas
Error: Illegal parameter: -L/home/user/lazarus/fpc/libcross/
Error: /usr/local/bin/ppcarm returned an error exitcode (normal if you
did not specify a source file to be compiled)

Thanks!