[Lazarus] Embedded database for Lazarus/Linux

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Wed Jun 16 22:41:13 CEST 2010

On Wed, 16 Jun 2010, brian wrote:

> Birger Jansen wrote:
>> Something like Firebird Embedded?
>>
>> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/fb_embedded2_Laz
>>

> It seems not. Quoting from the first line of the introduction....
>
> "Currently, fb_embedded2.pas works only on Windows."
>
> As per my post, I already know the answer if I have to use Windows.
> I'm looking for something which works under ***Linux***.

I don't know where you read it, but it's definitely false.
or outdated. firebird embedded works on linux, windows, mac.

I've been using it since years; version 2.0 and 2.1.
Works very well with FPC, and unlike sqlite, it offers
the possibility to work with full-blown client/server
architecture without change in program code.

I can definitely recommend it.

Michael.