[Lazarus] Embedded database for Lazarus/Linux

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 10:29:18 CEST 2010

On 17/06/2010, Luca Olivetti  wrote:
> SQLite allows multiple programs to be connected to the same database
> simultaneously. The embedded version of Firebird does not. If you run

Well, that sounds like a rather silly argument. I thought the whole
idea of "embedded databases" is to get one application to access one
database at one time - more convenience too than a flat-file or XML
file for data storage. Embedded Databases being similar to the idea of
MS-Access (*.mdb files) - a "desktop database".  If you want a
multi-user concurrency system, then you upscale to a full fledged
RDBMS system, or the "big daddy" servers like Firebird, Oracle,
PostgreSQL, MS-SQL-Server etc.

  - Graeme -