[Lazarus] Embedded database for Lazarus/Linux

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Thu Jun 17 13:09:12 CEST 2010

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010, brian wrote:

> Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

>>> It seems not. Quoting from the first line of the introduction....
>>>
>>> "Currently, fb_embedded2.pas works only on Windows."
>>>
>>> As per my post, I already know the answer if I have to use Windows.
>>> I'm looking for something which works under ***Linux***.
>>
>> I don't know where you read it, but it's definitely false.
>> or outdated. firebird embedded works on linux, windows, mac.
>>

> Follow the link which Birger sent me (above). The introduction is
> right near the top of the Wiki article.
>
> But anyway, if you say it works, OK, I'll give FB embedded a try.

I had a look.

I would not use the unit in that article.
The sqldb (and dynibase60 unit) supports embedded firebird out of the box.

The only difference is that you must distribute a single dll which must
be located next to your binary. Since you must distribute some extra
firebird files anyway (the messages, collations and whatnot),
this won't hurt.

Michael.