[Lazarus] New website www.lazarussupport.com launched

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Fri Jun 18 13:59:13 CEST 2010

On Fri, 2010-06-18 at 22:39 +1100, Alexander Klenin wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 22:06, Joost van der Sluis <joost at cnoc.nl> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Our company has launched the new www.lazarussupport.com website. It's a
> > new website about Free Pascal and Lazarus for new users. The goal is to
> > try to get more attention for Lazarus and to help new users to start.
> >
> > The site is still very basic, the goal is to extend it in the future. As
> > you can see the layout of the site is based on the design from Bee. The
> > complete website is running on the fpWeb framework.
>
> I did not follow the previous discussion closely, but IMO
> this site should either (eventually) replace the current one, or cease to exist.
> Having two official sites is much worse than having one,
> even if not very pretty one.

Maybe, one day. But then it has to be extended quite a lot. One step at
a time.
I want to extend this site and maybe it can replace the official
site .(this site is not an official lazarus site, more a 'support'
site ;) )

But this site is also partly commercial, so that could become a problem.
And I don't agree that two sites is that bad. There are more OS projects
that have this.

> > Please take a look and tell what you think about it.
>
> A design nitpick: the toxic-blue rectangular buttons in the right-upper corner
> are hurtful to an eye.
> They should, imho, be toned down (and maybe rounded).
> The same, to the lesser extent, goes to the Lazarus logo itself.

I'll see what I can do. Idealy I'll have a designer re-design the page.
But I have no money for that, atm.

Joost.