[Lazarus] Embedded database for Lazarus/Linux

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Fri Jun 18 20:18:03 CEST 2010

On 6/18/2010 12:39, Jürgen Hestermann wrote:
> but I would prefer if programmers think
> about performance a bit and not use databases for every
> small junk.

+100000000000(can't put enough zeros)00000000000000

imagine how fast our apps would be today if they were developed with the same
attention to compactness and speed as they were 10 years ago... they'd be even
faster if the attention of 20 years ago was used...

sadly, though, i see many new coders refusing to look at the older stuff because
"it is older than i am" or "older then 5 years" or similar... but the truly
funny thing is that, in the end, their result is the same as that which they
refused to look at... in some cases, with the same bugs...

one extremely hilarious aspect of working with newer coders is the expressions
on their faces when you show them 20 year old code running rings around their
code with the same test data and in the same environment... the best part is
when they realize that the 20 year old code is where they were actually headed
with their own code but their refusal to look to the past for education hampered
them...

another funny is seeing the looks on people faces when they realize that no
matter how new the "technology" is, it is still the same old thing... HTML and
XML are still plain old ascii text files ;)